What is an eConsultation
The aim of an eConsultation is to help you get things done without having to come in to the surgery.
Such as getting advice from a GP, completing admin tasks or arranging to see other professionals or services without always having to see the GP first.
Think of it as an email but the topic of the email and the information you provide is guided by filling in one of the online forms.
There are different types of formularies that help us assist with:
- review of long term conditions (asthma, COPD, epilepsy, mental health….)
- preparing for a consultation, like diabetes
- planning ahead regarding travel, so a vaccination schedule appointment can be organised.
- dealing with forms that you may need (fit to fly, repeating sick note, …)
- dealing with some minor acute conditions
You have two options:
Once completed, your form submission is then sent through to a member of our team for processing.
Once the form has been read and a decision reached, you will be contacted informing you of the next step.
We aim to deal with all forms within 24 working hours of sending, for urgent problems please call reception.