Mental health services

There are also lots of other services in Leeds that are there to support you, many of whom you can refer yourself to directly.

Services for adults

If you are aged 17 or older then a good place to start is the Mindwell website. It is designed to help you understand the common problems that people face and the range of services here to help. It also offers help to those who are worried about others.
You might have heard  about IAPT. This is a range of services that we commonly refer our patients to when they have problems with mental health. You can refer yourself to this service.


Finally PEP (Patient Empowerment Project) is a social prescribing service that supports people to take control of their health and wellbeing. Participants are referred by their doctor or self referred and are supported to access groups, services and resources in their local community to help them achieve a better life.

Services for children

If you are aged 16 or under, then a good place to start is the MindMate website.

MindMate is specifically aimed at young people and can help you understand the way you are feeling and find the right advice and support. It also offers advice for parents.

Feeling suicidal

If we are open, then please call now to book an urgent same day appointment with one of our doctors.

If we are not open, or you would prefer to get help elsewhere, then please click one of the links below:

I am 17 and older and need help now

I am 16 or younger and need urgent help